What do I need to bring with me when applying for an apartment?
- Your 2 most previous pay stubs, or a copy of your previous 2 year’s tax returns.
- A valid State or Government issued Photo ID.
- A valid Work Authorization Card if you are not a citizen or a permanent resident of the United States.
- A non-refundable credit report fee per applicant (payable by personal check or money order).
- A $100 deposit which is refundable within 5 days if you cancel the application, or if you are declined. If you are approved, the $100 deposit will be applied to your first month’s rent (payable by personal check or money order).
- NO CASH IS ACCEPTED.
How long is the lease period?
We currently offer one year leases.
When can I move in?
Once you sign and pay your lease, you can schedule a date and time with the leasing office to move into your new apartment.
Are pets allowed?
Each community offers a different pet policy. Please call the property’s leasing office for information on their pet policy.
Do I need Renter’s Insurance?
To help ensure you are covered in the event damage is incurred in your unit, management has implemented a liability insurance requirement that requires all tenants to obtain a renter’s insurance policy that will cover damages that result from a tenant’s negligent actions or inactions. Residents should be aware that the landlord’s commercial insurance policy will not cover a resident’s loss, including but not limited to fire, smoke, explosion, water or other damage. Therefore, where applicable and prior to move-in or lease renewal, all tenants must obtain and maintain $300,000 in liability coverage throughout their lease term.
Is rental furniture available?
Each property’s leasing office can provide contact information for furniture rental companies in the area.